- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Tracking/marketing pixels
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Sonar collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (name, email address, phone number, etc.)
- Device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, and information about how and when you use our website
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Sonar with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register on or website or express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards/forums or via email.
- Participate in activities on our website, such as by posting messages in our online message boards/forums or entering competitions, contests, or giveaways.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
Sonar may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Sonar may collect information about you through our co-marketing partnerships. For example, you may sign up for a webinar or download a white paper published by a co-marketing partner or Sonar.
How will we use your data?
Sonar collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Communicate with you about our product or services.
- To improve and develop our product or services.
- To promote and market our product and services in accordance with your communication preferences.
When Sonar processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
Sonar securely stores your data within Microsoft Azure, DigitalOcean, and Amazon Web Services data centers in the USA and Canada. Our cloud service platforms meet a broad set of international and industry-specific compliance standards, and rigorous third-party audits verify their adherence to the strict security controls these standards mandate.
Data is stored in state-of-the-art regional data centers, designed to protect mission-critical systems with fully redundant subsystems and compartmentalized security zones. Our cloud data centers adhere to the strictest physical security measures including multiple layers of authentication for server area access, two-factor biometric authentication for critical areas, camera surveillance systems at key internal and external entry points, and 24/7 monitoring by dedicated security personnel.
Sonar will keep your financial data for six years and your marketing data for two years. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by removing it from our databases and backups.
Sonar would like to send you information about products and services. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop Sonar from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us at [email protected].
What are your data protection rights?
Sonar would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request that Sonar provide you with copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Sonar correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that Sonar complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Sonar erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Sonar restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Sonar’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Sonar transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected]
Or call us at: 780-900-1180 (Canada) or 702-447-1247 (US)
Or write to us: 2045 W Grand Ave Ste B PMB 70379, Chicago, Illinois 60612-1577 US
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Sonar uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Sonar uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Sonar sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Tracking pixels, also known as marketing pixels, are used to track user behaviors, site conversions, web traffic, and other metrics similar to a cookie. Sonar uses the following tracking pixels including but not limited to: Google, Google Ads, Email services, Hubspot, Salesforce, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: [email protected]
Call us: 780-900-1180 (Canada) or 702-447-1247 (US)
Or write to us at: 2045 W Grand Ave Ste B PMB 70379, Chicago, Illinois 60612-1577 US
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Sonar has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Email: [email protected] | Telephone: 1-800-267-0441
Address: 30 Victoria Street, Gatineau, QC K1A 1H3